MSM assumes “white guilt” then drops story when facts emerge

“Police have charged a woman with assault after another woman was punched, spat on and had her hijab pulled in a London, Ont., supermarket… Investigators say the alleged victim was shopping with her four-month-old son late Monday afternoon when they were approached by a woman who began yelling at them… Police say the suspect then spat on the hijab-wearing mother and punched her several times… They say the assailant then grabbed the woman’s hijab and attempted to pull it off her head before pulling her hair. She suffered minor injuries in the incident.” Toronto Star, June 22nd, 2016 (1).

My goodness, what a dramatic example of malicious “hate” and “white supremacy”! Indeed, a couple of days later, the Toronto Sun ran the story “She was so close to where my baby was; Mom fears for safety of all women in hijabs after alleged attack” in which we are told:

“I do worry about the safety of all Muslim women who wear hijab… Before I thought it was just a statistic that I would see happen to people, but now I know it’s real and it happened to me… If she was more angry, she might have pushed my baby… She was so close to where my baby was, she could have done anything. She could’ve pushed the stroller and he would’ve crashed and died.”

Yeah, right.

In this story, we are told that she arrived in Canada “from Bangkok at the age of seven”, and also that “she’s a fourth-generation Canadian whose great grandparents moved to Canada from England before laying the foundation to start a life in London”. Well, make up your mind Toronto Sun, you and she can’t have it both ways.

All in all, these stories appear to have been greatly enhanced by reporters looking for a good “politically correct” story to please their masters. And elsewhere in the press, she is referred to as a “Muslim mom” – just so we all know that she’s just like the rest of us!

But then it began to fall apart. Indeed, it became a “non-story” as the press failed to provide any updates for the best part of two weeks.

Then we find Candice Malcolm’s column “Opposing reckless immigration isn’t racist” (3) in the Sun on July 6th, in which it is mentioned that:

“Similarly, much media attention was given to an assault against a woman wearing a hijab in London, Ont… But when radio host Andrew Lawton reported the alleged perpetrator was a Farsi-speaking woman from Iran, most media members ignored his report for The Rebel.media… Iran is a Muslim country. About 90%-95% of Iran’s population are Shiite Muslims, while Sunni Muslims comprise the other 5%-10%… But while we don’t know the circumstances of this assault, it may have had more to do with tensions within the Muslim world, than Islamophobia.”

And there you have it. I can understand the press wanting to get a good story, but to clam up without updating the story when it turns out to be something other than was first thought, is a gross dereliction of duty, and in this case, constitutes mindless grovelling to political correctness.

And one thing we should remember is that it is entirely possible that our poor “Muslim mom” figured out exactly who and what her assailant was, but went along with the MSM’s “get Whitey” mindset just to keep us evil White people in our place. Or, it may be that the press went along with a Muslim-inspired propaganda effort to take advantage of the situation by blaming their generous Canadian hosts; a symbiotic kind of anti-White love-in, perhaps.

And this is the world we live in today – unless we care to change it.

Jeff Goodall.

(1) – Read “Police charge suspect after woman wearing hijab attacked in London, Ont.” here.

(2) – Read “She was so close to where my baby was; Mom fears for safety of all women in hijabs after alleged attack” here.

(3) – Read “Opposing reckless immigration isn’t racist” here.

Comments are closed.